EU Japan Fest and European Capital of Culture
EU Japan Fest is a nongovernmental organisation that supports the cooperation between Japanese and European artists and the public by subsidising research and project-based initiatives. The organisation, established in 1992, is dedicated to working with the European Capital of Culture initiative by supporting the active presentation of Japanese artists and art managers in Europe and assists European experts and artists for work visits and project presentation in Japan. Throughout its existence, the EU Japan Fest has supported and taken part in the programmes of more than 40 European Capitals of Culture in 30 countries, which makes it the only organisation in the world to have cooperated with every European Capital of Culture since the initiative originated.
EU Japan Fest's key activities are directed towards:
- Preserving traditional culture and aim for its upgrading and expansion;
- Supporting youth activities;
- Encouraging the sustainability and self-sufficiency of creative communities and individual artists;
- Stimulating and encouraging avant-garde creative approaches;
- Supporting the development of international networks in the field of culture and art.
Projects in the programme of Plovdiv 2019 with focus Japanese Culture
This is the official catalogue of EU Japan Fest for 2019 where are featured all the activities which were part of the programme in the year of the title in Plovdiv and the collaborative work with previous, current and future ECoC cities.
For questions related to the EU-Japan Fest project initiative, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 359 877 842 426