With this regulation Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 invites organisations and natural persons to submit detailed projects based on conceptual proposals set out in the bid book of Plovdiv for European Capital of Culture 2019. The regulation aims to establish basic rules and requirements for work with partners on the implementation of the originally planned projects from the artistic programme.
At the end of 2014 Plovdiv was selected as European Capital of Culture in 2019. With the success of the city in the competition for the title new tasks came to Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019. The programme, developed over two years by the foundation team, experts and artists, cultural institutions and partners from Bulgaria and abroad, is entering the next stage of its development. The procedures laid down in this Regulation aim at clarifying the conditions for partnership with Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019. The regulation aims at ensuring the realization of the underlying concepts with responsible participation, the maximum clear criteria, in compliance with the preliminary time, budget and conceptual frameworks; and at the regulation for operation of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 with partners from Bulgaria and abroad.
The main concept of the programme of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 is the creation of exciting and varied cultural programme, long-term improvement of the cultural climate in Plovdiv, achieving positive change among its inhabitants, development of communication between them and expanding the cultural array of the city and the country with their opening to the European and international stage. The wide range of these objectives determined the general framework of the programme. The platforms and clusters in it are developed based on the realities and needs of the city, so as to fulfill its potential and enable both the national and the European dimension of the cultural activities in the future Capital of Culture.
Objectives of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019
The main objectives of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 set out in the founding documents and further developed in the bid book of the project European Capital of Culture are as follows:
- – Preparation of the city for European Capital of Culture in 2019
- – Promotion of the initiative European Capital of Culture
- – Promotion of the city as a cultural and tourist destination.
- – Establishing long-term partnerships among the Foundation, local, national and international institutions and organizations.
- – Encouraging cultural organizations and individuals to work and develop projects together with other organizsations (from their partner network or that of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019).
- – Citizens participation in the cultural life and improvment of the dialogue between citizens and cultural institutions.
- – Supporting the development of cultural and creative industries.
- – Shifting of cultural activities and products outside the city center.
- – Intercultural dialogue, exchange and visits of international artists, cultural managers and events.
- – Reconsidering and transforming the urban environment through culture.
- – Removing the boundaries between social, ethnic and minority groups through culture and art.
- – Linking cultural heritage with modern life.
- – Capacity building, training and education in the field of cultural management.
- – Free access to the cultural production of the widest possible audience, including people with disabilities, seniors, groups that are traditionally excluded from cultural life.
- – Attracting sponsorship and additional funds to implement the projects.
Requirements, criteria and deadlines for submitting projects HERE.