This open call provides an opportunity for implementing cultural projects in partnership with Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019. The call aims to enrich the programme set out in the bid book of the city as European Capital of Culture, with new ideas and partnerships.
The main concept of the programme of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 is the creation of an exciting and varied cultural programme, long-term improvement of the cultural climate in Plovdiv, positive change in its inhabitants, development of the communication between them and expanding the cultural array of the city and the country through their opening to the European and international stage. The wide range of these objectives determined the broad framework of the programme. The platforms and clusters in it are developed based on the realities and needs of the city, so as to fulfill its potential and enable both the national and the European dimension of the cultural activities in the future Capital of Culture.
Objectives of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019
The main objectives of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 set out in the founding documents and further developed in the application book of the project European Capital of Culture are as follows:
- – Preparation of the city for European Capital of Culture in 2019.
- – Promotion of the initiative European Capital of Culture.
- – Promotion of the city as a cultural and tourist destination.
- – Establishing long-term partnerships among the Foundation, local, national and international institutions and organizations.
- – Encouraging cultural organizations and individuals to work and develop projects together with other organizations (from their partner network or that of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019).
- – Participation of the citizens in the cultural life and improving the dialogue between citizens and cultural institutions.
- – Supporting the development of cultural and creative industries.
- – Decentralization of cultural activities and products outside the city center.
- – Intercultural dialogue, exchange and visits of international artists, cultural managers and events.
- – Reconsidering and transforming the urban environment through culture.
- – Removing the boundaries between social, ethnic and minority groups through culture and art.
- – Linking cultural heritage with modern life.
- – Capacity building, training and education in the field of cultural management.
- – Free access to the cultural production of the widest possible audience, including people with disabilities, seniors, groups that are traditionally excluded from cultural life.
- – Attracting sponsorship and additional funds to implement the projects.
Requirements, criteria and deadlines for submitting projects HERE.