OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS FOR THE FLAGSHIP “KAPANA CREATIVE DISTRICT”. FOCUS: YOUTHS CORE
Plovdiv 2019 Foundation commences the fifth phase of the flagship project Kapana Creative District by announcing an Open Call for events in public spaces in Kapana with focus on youths culture, contemporary circus, street art.
The open call aims to support the implementation of events which would take place at the Core /Yadroto/, among the streets of Kapana and in the parks next to the creative district, and which are inspired and implemented by partnership collaboration with youths organisations and youth participants from Plovdiv and the region.
- Campaigns and Performative acts, Streets Art, Contemporary Circus;
- Artistic Interventions in Public Spaces;
- Dance performances, Theatre, Music, Literature, Cinema.
The project proposals should comply with:
- The specific characteristics, the status, the history and the contemporary life of the district;
- The goals of the project to develop Kapana as an area for cultural and creative activity;
- The characteristics of the place for which they are suggested and designed;
- The audience which is targeted, as numbers and type;
- The ordinance on public order and security;
- The ordinance on trade activities.
The evaluation of the projects proposals will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Creative potential and artistic value of the project;
- Contribution to the implementation of the goals of the Kapana Creative District Project;
- Contribution to the development and the improvement of the urban environment;
- Contribution to attracting and developing new audiences;
Inclusionof the citizens and the people living in the quarter in the realization of the project.
Total budget of the open call: 50 000 BGN. /final sum with all taxes included/
Deadline for applying: 3rd May 2019
Implementation period: 20th June – 20th November 2019. /the implementation of the projects should not coincide or be in the framework of another big-scale event, taking place in Kapana/.
The event in