Plovdiv together for the children on a picnic at the river
We will be together for the third consecutive year to celebrate the selection of Plovdiv as European Capital of Culture!
Together with Children at the River is a three-day event – on 2nd, 3rd and 5th of September – that invites children, families, and friends to participate in a campaign for renovation and cleaning of the area around the river, as well as take part in fun games, workshops, outdoor ateliers. Anyone with a bike can join the green routes alongside the river of
Why the river?
Maritsa river together with the island of Adata is one of the leading projects in the program of Plovdiv – European Capital of Culture 2019. Its main purpose is their revival through arts and culture and their complete return into the urban daily routine, including the active integration of the area within the lives of the citizens and visitors, as well as its transformation into a better place for sport and recreation. As part of the long-term strategy for
During the weekend from 10 am to 3 pm the alley alongside
On the 5th of September, starting at 5 p.m., the foundation will organize a picnic for families with outdoor games, eco workshop, ice cream, cotton candy, and kites. Everyone is welcome with a blanket, board games, badminton, homemade food, drinks, and smiles!
Music selection and visualizations by
After 9 p.m. a film selection under the stars by Compote Collective
The full program for the final event on 5 September:
Bike Together | 05.09.2017 | 17: 00 |
Bike Together is a network of bicycle routes that lead you through the culture, nature, and history of Plovdiv. Bike Together is a project of Plovdiv 2019 Foundation.
Celebration for the whole family with bikes – join us from all directions of the city to the gathering point on the river
- The Green Route acquaints you with the natural landscape of Plovdiv;
- Flagship projects part in the programmе of Plovdiv European Capital of Culture 2019;
- Significant architectural and cultural landmarks of Plovdiv;
- Pop-Up Bike Workshops designed by Destructive Creation will ensure your seamless experience on the route;
- City bicycle tracks
Picnic by the river 05.09.2017 | 17: 00-21: 00 |
Let’s share a few hours together with the children and their families on a picnic and outdoor games by the river. Everyone is welcome with a blanket, board games, badminton, homemade food, drinks and good mood.
And we will expect you:
- #Together with
IlikeHammock / 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- #Together with laughter and games for young and old with Laughter Yoga / 5 p.m. – 6 p. m.
- #Together with KindyROO Plovdiv-South for the youngest / 5 p.m. – 6 p. m.
- #Together with Atelier TRION / 5 p. m. – 7 p.m.
- #Together with Bio games / 5 p.m. – 6 p. m.
- #Together with Parrots Atelier / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with Yoanna’s workshop / 5 p. m. – 7.30 p. m.
- #Together with Tony’s workshop / 5.30 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
- #Together with the Kite Consultative-Therapeutic Initiative / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with the Bulgarian Youth Red Cross – Plovdiv and their Don’t Get Angry! game / 5 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
- #Together with the Bulgarian Society for the Protection of Birds / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with National Alliance for Working with Volunteers / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with the Plovdiv Youth Center / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Bulgaria Association / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with Homentmen Plovdiv / 5 p. m. – 8 p.m.
- #Together with Plovdiv Bike Rent / 5 p. m. – 9 p. m.
- #Together with Plovdiv Run / 7 p.m.
- #Together with BG be active / 5 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
- #Together with Sugar Cotton with natural paints and brown or white sugar / 5 p. m. – 9 p. m.
- #Together with Homemade Ice Cream Studio Orenda / 5 p. m. – 9 p. m.
- #Together with Bakery Art / 5 p. m. – 9 p. m.
Main location: Maritsa River (53A Maritsa Blvd.) / area of the river alley between Ruski Blvd and the Pedestrian Bridge, on the part of the North Region.
The duration of the ateliers depends on the intensity of participation and can be completed before the announced time.
Free entrance for all events.