Open Call for LAST MINUTE project proposals
The Plovdiv 2019 Foundation announces an open call for last-minute projects in the official programme of Plovdiv -- European Capital of Culture 2019 initiative. The procedure is aimed at allowing new concept ideas and current topical trends to fit into the four thematic platforms of the artistic programme and the project clusters that make them up.
This open call is announced in the last months before the final drafting of the official programme for 2019. It is an invitation to cultural organisations, independent curators and artists from Bulgaria and abroad to apply by presenting modern and attractive ideas. The call is aimed at allowing the inclusion of new projects contributing to the genre diversity of the programme.
The project proposals cover ten categories:
- Visual arts
- Art in public spaces
- Digital arts
- Design and architecture
- Education and capacity development
General terms, schedule of the competition and financial parameters:
- Total budget of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation for this open call: BGN 700,000.
- Application period: The open call is active until the final distribution of the appointed budget but not later than four months after its announcement. The candidates are able to submit their proposals by the 15th of each month, the last possible date is 15 October 2018.
- Selection period: the selection committee will meet between the 20th and the 30th of each month and will announce the results by the 15th of the following month.
- Project implementation period: October 2018 - December 2019, the project implementation should start not earlier than 3 months after the submitting of the proposal.
- The Plovdiv 2019 Foundation sets maximum project subsidy: BGN 80,000.