Become one of the mediators for the Contemporary Art Exhibition: LISTEN TO US – ARTISTIC INTELLIGENCE (04.04 – 30.06.2019)
PLOVDIV 2019 is looking for mediators, who will conduct moderated talks, workshops and guided tours during the exhibition period from beginning of April to end of June 2019 and who will take part in the preparatory multi-day training from 01. November to 04. November 2018 in Plovdiv.
The mediation of the content of the exhibited works in relation to the daily experience and the storylines will be addressed to the general audience, to kids and school children, to the elderly and to people with disabilities.
- should be available at least two days a week on a regular basis from April 1st to June 30th 2019.
- should be interested in working with kids, school children, children in day-care or the elderly.
- should enjoy the experience in dealing with groups in the field of art and cultural mediation and education.
- should be open to the many issues and themes communicated by contemporary art.
- should be interested in applying different and innovative methods and didactic materials.
- do not need to hold a university degree, but should be studying art, art history, art education or have interest in social and community working, or a related subject or have experience in these fields from a non-academic context.
- should be independent minded and pro-active with a strong and reliable work ethic
have teamwork capability, flexibility, resilience, and excellent communication skills.
- should have a good knowledge in English for the participation in the workshop.
The preparatory workshop for the future moderators will be held in English by the team of the educational department of Folkwang Museum in Essen and the team of the mediation for the Berlin Biennale. (Occasionally with the support by translation into Bulgarian.)
© Igor Grubić, Angels with Dirty Faces
Applicants will experience during the preparatory workshop a hands-on training in relation to:
- intensive research and processing of information on the exhibited works of the exhibition
developing together the most appropriate formats for mediation the content to a Bulgarian and international audience.
- experience methods for the moderation of dialogic tours with visitors.
- experience and develop methods for working with kids, school children and the elderly.
- learn the design and implementation of a rhythmically structured framework of dialogic tours.
- learn the flexibility and ability to focus on different concepts of mediation, such as
participatory, critical, artistic, action-oriented and/or instruction-oriented.
Please submit your application by 30.10.2018 via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
accompanied by a short CV and a meaningful letter of motivation.
The exhibition is made possible by Plovdiv 2019 in partnership with Deutsche Telekom - Art Collection Telekom, ‘Open Arts’ Foundation, Goethe-Institut Bulgaria. The mediation programme is developed with support by the team of Folkwang Museum Essen and Berlin Biennale.