Thank you for applying with your project proposals. This open call is not valid anymore. Check our news for the results and for the future new opportunities.
І. General information
With this regulation Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 invites organisations and natural persons to submit detailed projects based on conceptual proposals set out in the bid book of Plovdiv for European Capital of Culture 2019. The regulation aims to establish basic rules and requirements for work with partners on the implementation of the originally planned projects from the artistic programme.
At the end of 2014 Plovdiv was selected as European Capital of Culture in 2019. With the success of the city in the competition for the title new tasks came to Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019. The programme, developed over two years by the foundation team, experts and artists, cultural institutions and partners from Bulgaria and abroad, is entering the next stage of its development. The procedures laid down in this Regulation aim at clarifying the conditions for partnership with Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019. The regulation aims at ensuring the realization of the underlying concepts with responsible participation, the maximum clear criteria, in compliance with the preliminary time, budget and conceptual frameworks; and at the regulation for operation of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 with partners from Bulgaria and abroad.
The main concept of the programme of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 is the creation of exciting and varied cultural programme, long-term improvement of the cultural climate in Plovdiv, achieving positive change among its inhabitants, development of communication between them and expanding the cultural array of the city and the country with their opening to the European and international stage. The wide range of these objectives determined the general framework of the programme. The platforms and clusters in it are developed based on the realities and needs of the city, so as to fulfill its potential and enable both the national and the European dimension of the cultural activities in the future Capital of Culture.
Objectives of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019
The main objectives of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 set out in the founding documents and further developed in the bid book of the project European Capital of Culture are as follows:
- – Preparation of the city for European Capital of Culture in 2019
- – Promotion of the initiative European Capital of Culture
- – Promotion of the city as a cultural and tourist destination.
- – Establishing long-term partnerships among the Foundation, local, national and international institutions and organizations.
- – Encouraging cultural organizations and individuals to work and develop projects together with other organizsations (from their partner network or that of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019).
- – Citizens participation in the cultural life and improvment of the dialogue between citizens and cultural institutions.
- – Supporting the development of cultural and creative industries.
- – Shifting of cultural activities and products outside the city center.
- – Intercultural dialogue, exchange and visits of international artists, cultural managers and events.
- – Reconsidering and transforming the urban environment through culture.
- – Removing the boundaries between social, ethnic and minority groups through culture and art.
- – Linking cultural heritage with modern life.
- – Capacity building, training and education in the field of cultural management.
- – Free access to the cultural production of the widest possible audience, including people with disabilities, seniors, groups that are traditionally excluded from cultural life.
- – Attracting sponsorship and additional funds to implement the projects.
III. Programme priorities
The projects in accordance with the bid book, with which Plovdiv won the title European Capital of Culture, are distributed in a table by programme platforms. (See Appendix № 1)
The detailed introduction to the programme, the objectives and mission of the Municipal foundation Plovdiv 2019 are highly recommended and an integral step in preparing a successful application for this open call. The full programme with detailed description of all platforms, project clusters and current projects in them can be found on the website of Municipal foundation Plovdiv 2019.
IV. Requirements, criteria and deadlines for submitting projects
Candidates who wish to participate in the implementation of the artistic programme must provide the following information in a previously specified application form and templates:
- – Reasonable, accurate and clear project concept, consistent with the one set in the bid book.
- – Detailed timeline of project activities, consistent with the time frame of the programme of the Municipal foundation Plovdiv 2019 (see Appendix № 1).
- – Detailed project budget (Note: For long-term projects the budget and respectively the contractual relation can be updated for each subsequent year within the framework of the previously approved project budget).
- – Information about the organisation – legal status, staff, provided infrastructure, annual budget, projects previously implemented.
- – Interaction with other partners from the partner network of Municipal foundation Plovdiv 2019.
- – Interaction with new partners.
- – Identification of target audiences.
- – Confirmation (Letter of intent) of the participants indicated in the concept.
Who can participate?
The regulation applies to natural and legal persons based in the country and abroad who submit detailed projects based on conceptual proposals set out in the bid book.
Eligible for participation are :
- – Commercial companies, cooperatives and NGOs from Plovdiv, the country and abroad
- – Municipal and state institutions
- – Civil associations under the Obligations and Contracts Act
- – Sui juris natural persons, who are freelancers registered in the BULSTAT register (or a similar register in the country in which they are established).
Non-eligible for participation are persons who:
- – are bankrupt or are in bankruptcy proceedings;
- – are in liquidation;
- – have been convicted by a final verdict for an offense against property or against the economy, unless rehabilitated;
- – have not fulfilled the terms of a previous project funding from Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 and Plovdiv Municipality or any other donor organization;
- – have obligations to Plovdiv municipality and the state.
- – are in labor relations with Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019
are members of the bodies of the Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019
Projects and events supported by the cultural calendar of the Municipality of Plovdiv are not eligible for financing under the conditions set out in this regulation.
The same organization or person is eligible to participate with more than one project. More than one partnership in each of the projects is eligible, but the foundation will not allow duplication of activities for funding.
When preparing the project and planning activities the organizations are required to comply with the timetable specified in the bid book of Plovdiv as European Capital of Culture 2019.
The projects from the program of Plovdiv for European Capital of Culture shall only be implemented on the basis of contracts with Municipal company Plovdiv 2019, following a competitive procedure under the terms of this regulation.
The detailed terms and conditions of the partnership will be regulated by a contract signed between the selected participant and Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019, based on Bulgarian legislation and in accordance with the Commission’s ranking.
The contracts will be concluded in the availability of provided financial resources, as, if necessary, Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 may require upon signing the contract that selected participants update and structure the activities and timetables.
What are the deadlines?
Projects will be accepted until the end of 2016 and will be reviewed and evaluated by an Expert committee. The Expert committee will meet at least once a month and will examine the proposals received by the 30th day of the preceding month.
Project activities evaluated immediately before the end of the year are planned in the Foundation’s budget for the subsequent year.
The starting date of implementation of project activities should be planned for at least four months after the date of submitting the documents.
What is the financial framework of the programme?
Approved projects will receive financial aid by Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019, as the amount and allocation of financial aid will be decided on by the Expert committee, according to the evaluation methodology in regard tothe proposed budget, its justification, the scale of the project, the experience of the organization or the individual, the project target groups and the financial resources of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019.
A basic requirement to partners is participation with their own contribution to the implementation of projects and the provision of co-financing of at least 30% of the project cost (including VAT), as own contribution is considered a financial contribution in the form of financial assets provided for the project objectives as well as in-kind contribution with resources of the organization or third parties, contracted by the organization.
In-kind contribution is subject to the following conditions:
- Includes provided land, real estate, equipment and / or materials, research or professional services or free, voluntary work etc. for the project
- If it is provided by a third party (eg. a public institution, business, etc.), who is not a partner in the project, this contribution should be presented as in-kind contribution provided respectively by the partners who will use it for implementation of project activities (eg. airplane tickets, accommodation, advertising space and packages, food, supplies, printed materials, etc.).
- If land and real estate are provided, the value is certified by an independent appraiser or the relevant officially authorized institution;
- In case of free voluntary work, the value of this work is determined in accordance with the time spent and the standard fee for the respective type of work.
Partnership co-financed by European funds and programmes need pre-synchronization of the projects and applications of the partners with Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 as well as a written consent of the foundation that it is ready to participate as a co-financing partner under the respective program in accordance with its conditions. .
Basic requirements and criteria for approval of projects:
- Compliance of the project with the conceptof the Programme European Capital of Culture and correct adherence to the objectives and timetable of activities of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019
- Enriching the artistic life of the city with new events and content and / or linking cultural heritage with modernity.
- Completed preparatory phase of the project, determined participants, locations, schedule
- Innovative approaches and practices, use of digital and modern technologies
- European dimension
- Work with other organisations of the partner network of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 and / or attracting new partners.
- Involving citizens in project implementation and activities and work with volunteers
- Clear and reasonable communication strategy
- Organisational capacity of the organization and proven previous experience
- Providing funding for the project, incl. in kind contribution
Procedure for consideration and evaluation of projects:
- Projects under the open call will be accepted until December 10, 2016 and will be reviewed and evaluated by an expert committee appointed by resolution of the Managing Board of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019. (Projects received on 12 December will be accepted as valid, due to the fact that 10 December is Saturday)
- Before being evaluated by the expert committee, the projects will be checked for administrative compliance by a three-member commission appointed by decision of the Managing Board of Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 which will verify the completeness of the submitted documents, the eligibility of expenditure referred to therein and the correct completion of the necessary documentation.
- The members of the expert committee evaluate individually submitted projects in the order of their reference numbers.
- The expert committee will meet throughout 2016 at least once a month. At its meetings the expert committee will examine the proposals received by the 30th day of the previous month. The decision to approve the selected proposals is made by the committee with a majority. A commitee member who is against the decision may sign the protocol with a dissenting opinion and state the reasons in writing.
- The announcement of the results from the relevant sessions will be done through publication on the website of the Foundation.
- Successful applicants will have to confirm their participation and to sign contracts with Municipal Foundation Plovdiv 2019 within one month from the announcement of the results.
- For conceptual proposals set out in the bid book and for which are not submitted detailed projects and funding is available, the Foundation reserves the right to hold special competitions.
- – Completed application form (template) *
- – Budget (template) * – the file has to be submitted in format .xls together with scanned copy that is signed and stamped – in format .pdf.
- – Detailed description of the project (concept, participants, staff, locations, communication strategy) *
- – Declaration of the candidate (template). Note: when signing the contract successful applicants will have to prove the absence of obligations by presenting the Certificate of absence of public liabilities to Plovdiv Municipality and the State. *
- – For candidates-legal entities: certificate of good standing or extract from a commercial/judicial record or an equivalent document certifying the actual status of the applicant organization.
- – For candidates – natural persons: ID card and certificate of BULSTAT registration / or equivalent registry for freelancers/self-employed in the country where they do business/.*
- – Declaration on the VAT status – D3 (template)*
- – Partnership statement (template)*
- – Detailed information about each of the project partners – legal status, legal representative portfolio of completed projects, contact
- – Technical Specification ( template), if applicable
- – Letters of support, confirmations of participation
- – Biographies of the team, participants and contractors in the project (template)*
- – Visual Materials
All documents should be listed in an attached letter. If any of the listed documents should not be submitted – in the list, you must indicate INNAPLICABLE.
The full package of documents should be sent only electronically. Applications must meet the following requirements:
- All documents should be submitted as text files and Excel files AND as signed and scanned pdf-files. Unsigned documents will NOT be accepted!
- The subject of the letter should be: 01-Artistic programme: <NAME OF ORGANIZATION> / <PROJECT TITLE>. The message body of the letter as briefly as possible must present the following information: name of organization, name of the project and which platform and cluster it belongs to.
- All files should be named and numbered according to those in the regulation required documents
- The maximum permitted size of the package of documents is 10 MB. If the file size is larger, the application should be submitted through the file sharing platform.
- Permitted file formats are: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf; additional audio-visual aids materials: .jpg, .jpeg, .mov, .avi, .mp3, .wav. All other formats will not be considered!
- Each project proposal of an organization or individual must be sent in a separate mail.
Contact and additional information:
- – E-mail for Q&A devoted to the open call: email@example.com
- – E-mail for submitting the forms: firstname.lastname@example.org
- APPLICATION (New version dated 13.07.2016 of the form Budget)
- CONTRACT CONCLUSION (New version dated 06.12.2016)
- REPORT (New version dated 07.02.2017 of the form Instruction for information and publicity regarding)
BID BOOK OF PLOVDIV 2019