School of Magic Words: Valeri Petrov
An invitation for free online workshops searching ideas for boosting children's learning activities
This is an invitation for teachers, students, and stakeholders from Plovdiv in the field of education, literature and non-formal education.
We invite you to an online workshop where we will present educational resources to encourage reading and writing through interactive and inspiring activities with children from 1st to 7th grade. Thе project is based on experience coming from the United Kingdom, further developed and adapt for the Bulgarian educational system using the works of the Bulgarian writer Valeri Petrov as a source.
The provided materials present not mandatory models, but a long-term framework that can be easily adapt and updated, being available online, according to the goals of children's activities, the interests of clubs, seminars in libraries or school programme changes.
There will be four free one-hour online meetings. You can choose the date that is more convenient for you and make a confirmation by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Working language is Bulgarian.
- The author Maria Doneva will introduce the concept and present different types of approaches for work with children based on the School of Magic Words: Valeri Petrov textbook.
- We will hear how teachers from Plovdiv who already use some ideas based on these resources - Mrs Maria Petrova and Mrs Kalinka Rusalova.
- We will present the textbook, with guidelines and recommendations for work in a school environment, libraries, clubs or the family
- We will discuss what we can improve and make even more convenient.
- The moderator is Mrs Yana Genova, Director, Next Page Foundation
- The activities are suitable for work with children of 1 – 4 grades and 5 - 7 grades
15:00 - 16:00, 9 November, 2020
16:00 - 17:00, 16 November 2020
16:00 - 17:00, 24 November 2020
16:00 - 17:00, 2 December 2020
how to take part
Please, register for free on email email@example.com and confirm your participation. The virtual workshops will be held on the Teams platform. You do not need to install anything in advance. You only need a mobile device to make the connection, an internet, and headphones. You will receive a link and instructions for participation.
Workshops within School of Magic Words – Creative Writing Resources project of the British Council Bulgaria, part of the Legacy Programme of Plovdiv 2019.