Ex Corpore | A performance by “Metheor”
Director: Ani Vaseva
Theory: Boyan Manchev
Music: Christophe Petchanatz / Klimperei
Apparatuses and digital programs: Stefan Donchev
With Leonid Yovchev, Greta Gicheva, Katrin Metodieva
The performance is part of the Ex corpore project, implemented with the financial support of the Culture Program of Sofia Municipality and the Ministry of Culture, and with the assistance of Swimming Pool, ETUD Gallery, HaHaHa Impro, ArtFest, Cinema House and DNK. The project is part of the Legacy Program of Plovdiv - European Capital of Culture 2019.
© Ivan Nikolov
All events will be with free entrance and preliminary obligatory registration at email@example.com. Here are all the events:
- 14 and 15th March (Sunday from 14:00 to 19:00 and Monday from 18:00 to 21:00) - Digital Acting workshop with Leonid Yovchev. Applications for participation in the workshop are accepted until March 6 at firstname.lastname@example.org, the results are announced on March 8. Applications for participation are accepted only in case of confirmed attendance on both working days.
- 16th March (Tuesday) - 18:00 - Digital Presentation of Stefan Donchev: "Digital cameras for stage use."
- 21st April (Wednesday) - 18:00 - Lecture by Boyan Manchev: "Art and its shadow: The dance of darkness and the revolution of the body" and 19:30 - Presentation of the new book by Boyan Manchev "Freedom In Spite of Everything", as well as a series of his books, published in the last year in Bulgarian, Japanese, French and English.
- 22nd April (Thursday) - 19:00 - Ex corpore performance.
- 23rd April (Friday) - 19:00 - Performance "Hijikata, The Samurai from the North".
Ex corpore project, is implemented also with the financial support of the Culture Program of Sofia Municipality and the Ministry of Culture, and with the assistance of Swimming Pool, ETUD Gallery, HaHaHa Impro, ArtFest, Cinema House and DNK is part of the Legacy Programme of Plovdiv 2019 and is implemented by Metheor Association.
Metheor is an art collective, working with stage, visual, textual artistic and critical forms, developing their radical poetics. The central figures of Metheor during its ten-year history are the playwright and director Ani Vaseva, the philosopher Boyan Manchev and the actor Leonid Yovchev. Metheor's projects include 15 written and staged theatre plays and performances, which toured internationally, realised in Sofia, Vienna, Plovdiv, Berlin, Porto, Leipzig etc. They are defined by the group and the interpreters of their work as "theatre of disorganization", "inhuman theatre" and "theatre oratorio" and are based on a strong idea of theater. Each performance of Metheor seeks to invent a unique form based on experimental work with text and productive critique of theatrical techniques.