PhotoOctober, The Traces remain (19 - 31 October 2019)
With the 'PhotoOctober, The Traces remain' project (October 19 - 31, 2018) - The 17th Edition of the International Photographic Meeting, becomes a part of Plovdiv 2019 programme. The publication is devoted to the theme of the transition from Socialism to Modernity and the Photography of the last century's 70s and 80s, in search of an answer to the question of: How to accept, appreciate and built up the photographic heritage from the years of Socialism?
Documentary and Art photography
There will be presented expositions of Documentary and Art photography by authors from Bulgaria, Belgium and Russia : Antoan Bozhinov, Dr. Rosen Kolarov, Ivo Hadzhimishev, Nikola Vasilev, Lyuben Georgiev, curator Dr. Antoan Bozhinov, Garo Keshishyan , Yordan Yordanov-Yuri, Veselina Nikolaeva, Sonya Stankova, Carl de Keyzer, Igor Gavrilov. The curator of the exhibitions is Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nikola Lautliev.
Round table with lectures and discussions
Coordinator of the round table with lectures and discussions on the topic is Chief Assist. Dr. Katerina Gadzheva, BAS. The participants will analyse the last two decades before the occurrence of the political changes in Europe during 1989. At the Balabanov’s House on October 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. , Prof. Georgi Lozanov; Dr. Katia Gadjeva; Vesela Nozharova; Dr. Antoan Bozhinov and Antony Georgiev will present their view on the photographic heritage from the years of Socialism. There will also be multimedia presentations from Biennale of the Photography in Thessaloniki and the International PhotoVisa Festival.
PROGRAM OF EVENTS:
October 19 (Friday):
- 18:00 p.m. Official opening - Balabanov’s House
Opening of the exhibitions and a chamber concert, featuring: Piano Duo - Prof. Dora Slavcheva and Prof. Anastas Slavchev, Guitar Duo - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Stella Dinkova and Kostadin Dinkov, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ludmil Petkov - Piano, PianoJazz Duo , Peter Salchev - Vocals and Jordan Tonowsky - Piano
- Carl de Kyzer, Belgium, ’From the East of Paradise’ Curator - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nikola Lautliev,
- Igor Gavrilov, Russia, ’I saw this’ (!970 - 2000) Curator - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Irina Chmiryova, The exhibition is in cooperation with The International PhotoVisa Festival in Krasnodar and the Contemporary Russian Photography Fund 'Zaedno'(’Together’),Novosibirsk.
- ’Subjective Documentalism in Bulgaria, 1970 - 1991' Antoan Bozhinov, Dr. Rosen Kolarov, Ivo Hadjimishev, Nikola Vasilev, Lyuben Georgiev, curator Dr. Antoan Bozhinov, Garo Keshishyan, Yordan Yordanov - Yuri, Veselina Nikolaeva, Sonya Stankova, curator Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nikola Lautliev. At the Balabanov’s House, 57 Konstantin Stoilov Str., Old Town.
- Eli Nedeva - Voeva ’The Revolution Continues ‘ Curator - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nikola Lautliev. At the City Art Gallery, ’Mexican Graphics’ Exposition, 11 Artin Gidikov Str., Old Town.
- Boris Misirkov and Georgi Bogdanov, ’Fourth Kilometer‘ ’Lautliev’ Gallery, 11 Zlatarska Str., Kapana - District of Creative Industries
October 20 (Saturday):
’Round Table - The Traces Remain’(Balabanov’s House)
- 10.00 – 12.00 a.m. Assoc Prof. Georgi Lozanov, Dr. Katya Gadjeva, Vesela Nozharova, Dr. Anton Bozhinov, Antoni Georgiev.
- 14.00 – 15.30 p.m. Igor Gavrilov, Carl de Keyzer ’Author’s meetings’
- 16.30 p.m. Eli Nedeva - Voeva, exposition, ’Mexican Graphics’
- 18.00 p.m. Boris Misirkov and Georgi Bogdanov, ’Lautliev’ Gallery
October 21 (Sunday):
- 10.00 a.m. , Balabanov’s House: Multimedia Presentations from Biennale of the Photography in Thessaloniki and The International PhotoVisa Festival.
The project is being implemented by ’Plovdiv Photography Center’ Foundation. More information about the programme you can find here.