The audience as an interpreter in the museum
The second training seminar "Museums as Social and Educational Spaces" will be held at the Regional Museum of History - Plovdiv from 27th to 29th March. The seminar’s purpose is to improve the museums' work with different types of audiences. Specialists from Plovdiv's museums and cultural institutions will focus on the comprehension of museum exhibits, exhibitions and the dialogue between the museum and the audience. There will also be a practical module devoted to the preparation of educational programs to engage and motivate visitors and provide a high-quality experience for them.
Other topics will be:
- How does the visitor interpret and experience what he/she sees in the museum?
- How can we stimulate the visitor’s interest and personal connections with the museum's objects, the themes of the exhibition and the mission of the museum?
- What could we do to entice people to visit our museum (again)?
27th – 29th March, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Regional Museum of History Plovdiv and Regional Archaeological Museum Plovdiv.
- Meglena Zapreva, a teacher and a museum pedagogue in New York (born in Plovdiv);
- Maria Karadecheva, Chief Curator of Regional Museum of History Plovdiv;
- Lilyana Lipcheva, curator of the Training Museum, Regional Museum of History - Varna, the first museum for early childhood education in Bulgaria;
- Todor Petev, from My Museum Foundation and lecturer at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski".
The series of seminars