ONE DANCE WEEK is the largest forum in Bulgaria, dedicated entirely to contemporary dance. The festival started in 2008 and since 2017 is part of the Plovdiv ECoC 2019 programme. The 13th edition of the International Festival of Contemporary Dance and Performance ONE DANCE WEEK in 2021 is implemented as part of the Legacy programme.
ONE DANCE WEEK presents in Plovdiv some of the most interesting and significant performers and practices in the field of contemporary dance from the world. The programme of the festival presents companies and choreographers who provoke the audience with a different and diverse range of ideas.
The 14th edition, planned for May - June 2022, plans on performances from France, Norway, Portugal, Canada, Korea.
The trend of expanding the scope of the already known format of the festival with "country in focus" continues and in 2022 the spotlight is focused on Portugal.
The festival programme will also feature premieres produced within the large-scale European project BIG PULSE, of which One Dance Week is part as the only representative from the Balkans among European dance festivals.
The 2022 edition takes further steps for sustainability and development of the new multi-channel digital platform ONE FOR ALL, which launched in mid-2020 continues to create quality online content - texts, podcasts, videos. A number of events are programmed to take place throughout the year - lectures presented by leading figures in the field of contemporary dance; workshops led by choreographers who will visit Plovdiv; rich online content that presents the most significant contemporary dance artists "behind the scenes" or with their performances.
The programme /updated on a regular basis/:
- SIGUIFIN - COMPAGNIE AMALA DIANOR - 13.05.2022
- WIRED - DEYAN GEORGIEV (BULGARIA) - WORLD PREMIERE - 14.05.2022
- VAGABUNDUS - IDIO CHICHAVA (MOZAMBIQUE) WORLD PREMIERE - 14.05.2022
- FREEFALL - MARION DAROVA (BULGARIA) WORLD PREMIERE - 20.05.2022
- promise me - kabinet k & hetpaleis (BELGIUM) - 21.05.2022
- Isso dá um Baile!BALÉ DA CIDADE DE SÃO PAULO (BRAZIL) *European premiere - 22.05.2022
- Isso dá um Baile!BALÉ DA CIDADE DE SÃO PAULO (BRAZIL) - 23.05.2022
- CABRAQIMERA - Catarina Miranda (FOCUS PORTUGAL) - 27.05.2022
- ADORABILIS - JONAS & LANDER - 29.05.2022
- UN DISCRETO PROTAGONISTA - Alessandra Paoletti & Damiano Ottavio Bigi (ITALY) WORLD PREMIERE - 01.06.2022
- DRAGONS - EUN-ME AHN (SOUTH KOREA) - 03.06.2022
- BISONTE - MARCO DA SILVA FERREIRA (FOCUS PORTUGAL) - 05.06.2022
11 performances, 1 festival pass.
The first spring edition of ONE DANCE WEEK opens on May 13, and its full program can be found here.
We are expecting 4 world premieres from Italy, Bulgaria and Mozambique, 1 European premiere from Brazil, a stunning FOCUS PORTUGAL and a programme including performances from France, Senegal, Belgium and South Korea.
The festival pass includes tickets for all the performances on the programme, the quantity is limited (only 25) and the price is BGN 200.
To request your pass, you need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, sending us your full name, and we will reply back with the details of your purchase.
You can follow current information here: